Floating Landscape.

"... For i know that through prayers and the help given by the Spirit of Jesus Christ, what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance." Philippians 1:19

Saturday, April 09, 2005

My Saturday.

I'm dead beat.
Woke up at 8am for tuition with Janelle. Starts at 9am. Janelle's mum's friend cooked macoroni for me with milk tea. So nice of them to always prepare something for me whenever i go. Philippinos are good hosts!
Almost lost my patience with Janelle, she was like shuffling here and there. And walking here and there. I had to raise my voice to make her sit quietly on the chair. But well, i think she got 100 marks for her spelling. So proud of her. But not sure if she's trying to be funny or what, she claims that she forgets to bring her spelling notes. It has happened for 2 times previously. Luckily she did not "forget" to bring her spelling notes today, if not, i'll sure bang my head against the wall.
Ran through the spelling words a few times. And she got it right. Partly because i had made her write all those words before when i just started teaching her. So it has been kind of carved onto her memory. I'm so glad that she actually manages to find these words easy compared to the lil girl who din even know how to write her chinese name in the past. *phew*
I'm kind of guilty that i missed for Girls Brigade today at South View Primary School. Supposed to play games with these primary school girls today, but Janelle's mum had to change the timing to 9am today. Had no choice since GB starts at 8am. Btw, South View Primary School was my primary school. I wonder if all those teachers are still around, like Miss Teo and Mrs Woo(Folk Dance teachers in charge), Miss Lee Hong Lim(Form teacher of 6G), Mr Huang(Chinese teacher).
Anyway, i think i'm joining this ministry which is serving the Girls Brigade of SVPS which is basically a Christian CCA. I heard from Peixuan we will be doing foot drills the next saturday with the girls and still not really sure of our duties scope. Celine will be joining as well! Really glad. Girl, you can come and stay at my house the day before. Travelling from Tampines to CCK is really quite a distance i understand. I welcome you with open arms! *grins*
Went back home after tuition and chatted with Mum. Mum went to work while i went for hair treatment at my favourite salon. Really a funny sight you should see, with a towel wrapped around my forehead like those "protestants" and with my head inside the steamer or whatever you call it. Stayed in the same position for 45mins i think. Finally had my hair washed. Hair definately feels smoother and softer after that. But the auntie blowed dry my hair until i looked like some idiot from who just stepped out of the 70's time machine.
I really felt like a total idiot. My hair was so huge like a candy floss to an extent i wanted to even try, digging a hole in the ground to hide my head. But anyway, i did not. I ran all the way back home and gave myself time to accept the fact. Tried various ways to make the candly floss smaller which incds tie-ing my hair, lying on the bed. Definately shrank after that which makes me go *phew*.
Anyway today's cell was combined tertiary cell. A revision of the 5 chapters we had learned. Our group got 42 marks i think, with the help of Celine and Cindy Part 1 (Cindy Thiong) and WeiQiang. I din help much btw. -_-"" Will try harder next time. Ella's group got the highest of 91 marks. Denny was sitting beside me, and i noticed he sure can eat a lot of sweets! Master Degree in eating sweets.
Ella shared her testimony of how she became a Christian and what was her life before and after she became a Christian today. I think it will be me and Pekhar's turn soon. It's like presenting, without the part of formal wear. I'm so nervous. hur hur. I hope i'm disciplined enough to actually prepare my testimony tomorrow and hopefully, send it to Sabrina by tomorrow night if possible since i don't have much time already during the weekdays.
Monday blues will become blue-ier since i'll be having tuition with Hyren and Zam at 8pm after work. I'll be so tired. But never mind, i have got to bear with it! I'm sure i'll be perked up at least a lil after seeing the kids. It's definately worth it though it's quite energy consuming to "scream" at them to get back to their seats and stop talking to me about whatever toys they wanted me to buy for them.
I'm so glad my daddy holds a job now. Doing data entry for him every alternate days after work the past week. But i don't mind and i'm not going to complain because i'm in fact enjoying since all of us(family members) puts in effort to try to complete it. My brother is helping with the data entry too. My daddy drove me to tuition since it was raining the previous wednesday and came to fetch me back. So sweet. He's driving his company van which is definately nice to sit in! And he has got his taxi license already!
I believe God has not forsaken me or shortchange me of anything. And this has proven that my prayers did work and God has even been guiding my daddy back onto the right track. Lord, i pray that you can even speak to my father and all those around me who has not come to know you yet. I pray for the salvation of the many lost souls who has not come to actually know the Father yet. I pray that their hearts will be open, and that they may even come to know that you are the way, the truth and the life and no one comes to the Father except through you Jesus. I hope that they may even try to pray to you though they are non Christians. I give praise to you Lord for what you have done in my life, for all the blessings that you have placed in my life. Lord, thank you for letting me see that all the blessings you have given me are all my friends who are always there supporting and encouraging me. All these i pray in the mighty name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home